Friday, June 15, 2012

Small Steps to Happiness

If I love anything, it's new beginnings. They're such a great way to start fresh and really reevaluate the way you operate. Here are a few ways I've been trying to beautify, simplify, and peace-ify (not a word, oh well) my life:


Always have fresh flowers.

Really, how could your day not be brightened by this happy little arrangement? From the scent to the colors, there isn't a girl alive who doesn't love a fresh bouquet. I have been making a point to stop by the Whole Foods on the way home from work and pick up a pretty new stash when mine start to wilt.

Unsubscribe to unwanted e-mail chains.

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't even explain how many e-mail lists I didn't even realize I was on. I have made it such a habit of mindlessly deleting 90% of my inbox that I didn't even notice how annoyed I was every time I saw a new e-mail notification. Granted, I kept a few because a girl's gotta know when to get an extra 30% off of J. Crew's sale, but for the most part, I'm done!


Wag more, bark less.

I love, love, love this saying! Recently I've been trying to focus on "wag-worthy" aspects of life, and I've gotta tell ya - it helps! Turn that frown upside down, even if you're not particularly pleased, and I promise you'll be happier with the outcome.


Become completely immersed in the Bible.

When I think back on the past 22 years, the happiest, most peaceful times of my life have occurred when I was totally immersed in reading the Bible. Daily? Not always, although I wish that were the case. But still, every little bit helps. Words can't quite explain the peace that comes with this simple life change. I promise, if you make time for Him you'll be glad you did.


Nurture quality friendships

My move to Memphis has been a blast so far, but that doesn't mean I don't miss my lovely lady friends from Texas! Maintaining good friendships has become more and more important to me as I've gotten older, and for good reason. Other than your family, no one will be there for you as much as your girl friends. Remember that, ladies!


Have a great weekend everyone! After my first 40 hour work week...ever!..I can finally say I now fully understand the meaning of TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...