Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rock Your Run

It only takes one run with a lacking playlist to make you realize the importance of the proper pump-up music. For example, yesterday my iPod was dead but I was determined to hit the pavement, so I lied and told myself I could make it work. HA! Right. At what I will estimate the half mile mark, I realized I didn't stand a chance and headed back home. Talk about annoying. Has this ever happened to you? Well, ladies and gents, get ready to burn some cals, because the playlist I'm about to share with you will have you hopping off the couch before you reach the bottom of the page! Turn up the volume and get ready for a great workout.

Bonus: if you see a * next to the title, it's perfect for intervals. Jog during the verse and sprint the chorus, you'll be shocked at how quickly you drop pounds.

Check It Out* - Nicki Minaj & will.i.am
I swear when I listen to this song while I run my pace gets exponentially faster. Nicki + will.i.am make the best musical pair ever.


Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
One thing you need to know about me is I have a serious obsession with Third Eye Blind. I'm a firm believer that the 90s produced the best music ever, and this song is no different. I would be lying if I said I didn't know every single word.

All Around The World - ATC
Ah, the 90s. We meet again. Sometimes I catch myself singing the "la la la la la" verse on the elliptical at the gym. Embarrassing? Probably.

The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim
There is no doubt that Fatboy Slim makes amazing music, but I think this is their best. I get pumped just thinking about it!

Lights* - Ellie Goulding (Bassnectar Remix)
Ellie Goulding's voice is magical and Bassnecter knows a thing or two about remixes. I haven't met a person who doesn't like this song. 

Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce
For the longest time when people would talk about this song to me I thought Barbra was making a comeback. Wrong! Duck Sauce is awesome for this.

Supermodel - Jill Sobule
Remember Clueless? Best. Movie. Ever! This is the song that plays when Cher is giving Tai a makeover. What better song to listen to while you make your body over?

Moves Like Jagger* - Maroon 5
First of all, Adam Levine, call me. Second, this song is amazing. It makes me want to get in a Starsky & Hutch-style dance-off.

This is Your Night - Amber
If you can run to this without sprinting, you are a pace master.

Angel* - Akon
Akon sang this song live at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2010. Do you really need any more workout motivation than that darn babe parade?

Tonight Is The Night* - Outasight
Outasight is an awesome up-and-coming artist. He makes the happiest music, I can't help but want to move when I hear it.

Wannabe - Spice Girls
Ladies, does this song really need a description?

Survivor - Destiny's Child
Talk about girl power. Destiny's Child is unstoppable, and that's exactly how I feel when I listen to this track. Need extra motivation? Just listen to this and think about your lame ex. That should get the job done.

Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
This is the happiest song on the list. I love running to Suddenly I See on bright, sunny days. Life is good!

Sexy Back* - Justin Timberlake
When I run to this song all I think about is how babealicious I need to get just incase I ever meet Justin Timberlake. 

If those songs don't pump you up, I don't know what will. Go hit the pavement ladies, summer is just around the corner!

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...